Cape Conservation Group is a community based, not for profit organisation whose charter is:
“To protect and preserve the North West Cape, now and for future generations”.
Our objectives are to:
- actively conserve the natural environment of the North West Cape and surrounding areas
- be informed about and contribute to development proposals to ensure they are sustainable and do not negatively impact the natural environment;
- generate public awareness about the value of the wilderness values of the North West Cape and surrounding area;
- develop and promote stewardship for the natural environment;
- encourage research into environmental issues in the area
- develop working partnerships to meet our objectives
- encourage sustainability measures to minimise the local and global footprint of individuals, organisations and commerce on the NW Cape and surrounding area.
Cape Conservation Group has won three conservation awards:
- National Landcare Coastcare Award, 2003 – Conservation and Land Management Coastal and Marine Award (for the Ningaloo Turtle Program)
- State Coastwest Award, 2003 (for the Ningaloo Turtle Program)
- Len Howard Community Group Conservation Award 2009 (In recognition of an outstanding commitment and dedication to promoting environmental awareness and protecting Western Australia’s natural heritage).